Monday 13 August 2012

Flowers and a quilt in my garden.....Festival of Quilts

A lovely week of weather and a fantastic week for Britain at the Olympics: something to smile about!  The weather has hotted up in Yorkshire: even in my little hilltop village and I have even managed to sit out in the garden this week......I have a small garden and would not class myself as a gardener but I really enjoy having colour on my doorstep...I LOVE COLOUR.....my garden is low maintenace and I try my very best to have a cottage garden 'feel' about it.  We had a major garden rehaul by a local garden company 'Gardens by Design' 3 years ago and I was thrilled with the results........but, because I live in a hilltop village we have to brace ourselves for many weather elements and with the lack of sunshine this year and loads of rain the garden has tended to have a bit of a jungle atmosphere this summer,
but here's a few photos of some of the colour in my little garden....



I've been particularly enjoying the scent of the honeysuckle and the humming bees have loved the Buddleia but unfortunately I'm not seeing many butterflies - which is rather worrying.....






My lace Hygrangea is just starting to bloom - we are usually 2/3 weeks behind the rest of the country!



Our hanging basket - not too sure about the purple petunias so I've tucked them to the back....


Some lovely Honeysuckle ...but a bit of blackspot which happens a lot in my garden.......



and a sure sign of Autumn on its way - the colour changing Acer.....



And with all this lovely weather I've been doing loads of washing which I allways try to peg out....I washed my quilt and thought it looked like one of the quilts from the Rowan books: so it was photographed..... this is my 'take' on Kaffe Fasset's 'Big Diamond Quilt' from the book 'Caravan of Quilts' and it was made for my bedroom... which also reminds me its the Festival of Quilts this weekend!  Yipee!

And all this sunshine has given me the chance to sit outside and do some crochet...



And plan my next project for my blog....have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews