Monday 25 May 2015

Tea Cosy and Liberty workshop

It's quite a while since I posted on the blog but its been a very hectic time, mostly with energy spent on education as its been GCSE deadlines.  Most of these photos were taken last month on workshops and since then all I've dealt with has been education, education and education......


So, looking back, the first workshop was at John Lewis Sheffield,the workshop was 'Flower Basket Tea Cosy'  and the ladies had the opportunity to knit the cosy first and then go on to make the flowers and leaves on the day.  It's a fab workshop suitable for knitters with experience but wanting to develop their knitting skills, so they are learning how to shape knitted fabric to create the various flowers: daffodil, rose and daisies.  Most flowers were made on the day but the ladies left the workshop with enough knowledge to create more flowers at home.
If you would like to create your own cosy then you can get the pattern here on Ravelry.
  


Then just a few days later I was off to London and the very fine location of 'Liberty'.  Liberty never fails to fascinate and is one of my favourite places, I remember as a student going to this store and being inspired by its surroundings and I have to admit that it has not lost its magic.  This was the 'Project Bag' workshop which was for the experienced sewer as it involved producing a bag that had 9 outside pockets - for all those crafty bits and pieces. 


Working in the 'Heritage Suite' at Liberty, lots of thinking and planning going on in this photograph. 



My original bag was made using a Stag designed fabric by Joel Dewberry and we managed to use this in 2 colourways for this workshop.  The front of the bag is coming together in the photograph.


I chose this Tula Pink fabric to produce my sample in the workshop and chose to focus on 'Elizabeth's' head as the main feature.

               

After the workshop 2 ladies very kindly sent me photographs of their completed bags and said how much they had enjoyed the workshop: always nice to hear.



While I was in Liberty I got the opportunity to see the new department and some of their lovely displays of Rowan products.  The new location is at the front of the store, it has lots of windows and is really well lit. I really liked this colourful display (above)


Some Rowan fabric and knitted products.

                      

In the store hanging over the bannisters was a beautiful array of Kaffe Fasset's Quilts...

                     






The setting really complemented the designs










So, now education is a bit quieter I'm looking forward to doing more crafting, have a lovely week...

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Rona! So much to see - 'Liberty' looks like dreamland to me :) Those Kaffe Fasset quilts - ah well, maybe some day . . . . :) :)

    Hope you get back to some of your own crafting soon though xx (PS the bags look fabulous!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnak you Alison, its half term here so I'm getting my house tidy and thinking about projects - more on this later x

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews